Wolves Lair is the ultimate destination for travelers looking for a rustic setting with modern comforts. Located right on the lakefront, the cottage will delight travelers of all ages. With four bedrooms and sleeping accommodations for up to 10 guests, Wolves Lair is the perfect amalgamation of comfort and privacy.
The open concept lower level features cathedral ceilings in the living room with a loft for additional sleeping accommodations. The loft has two separate bedrooms connected by a unique walkway that overlooks the kitchen and living room. Enjoy picture-perfect views of Lost Lake from the 3 season porch, kitchen, and loft, while the bedroom windows look out on the deep greens of towering pines and abundant array of wildlife. Wolves Lair has a rustic appeal with knotty pine interiors and woodsy décor accents; you’ll feel right at home the minute you arrive.
The kitchen has been fully appointed with everything you’ll need to entertain and dine with your friends and family. Host an evening dinner on the deck with the soothing sounds of the lake in the background. A charcoal grill, 2 kayaks, and a canoe are provided to help you make the most out of lake life while you vacation at Wolves Lair! A child's booster seat and a Pack n' Play are also provided to help parents pack a little lighter!
Lost Lake is 539 acres and known for great fishing for Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, Muskie, Northern Pike, and Walleye. Kayak or pontoon around the lake and see bald eagles overhead, who nest in the tall pines around the lake.
**Please note, bonfires are not permitted at this location. No firepit is provided.**
*As of summer 2020, due to supply/labor shortages in the Northwoods, we will no longer be able to provide bath or beach towels for our guests. Please plan to bring towels for your stay!*
• 7-night minimum stays in Peak Season. *This property is Friday-Friday*
• 3-night minimum for most stays in off-season. Please contact us about the possibility of a 2-night stay.
• Number of renters shall not exceed occupancy without prior notice. Extra persons are $15/night or $75/week.
• This home is pet-friendly. There is a maximum of 2 dogs allowed. There is a $100/pet fee. Please pick up and dispose of anything left behind by your pet.
*If you bring a pet without notifying us and we find it there, there will be a minimum penalty charge of $50 in addition to the general $100 pet fee.*
• June, July, and August ("peak season") arrival time is any time after 4 PM, and departure time is 8 AM. In peak season we, sadly, cannot approve early arrivals or late departures.
• All other months ("off-season") arrival time is any time after 3 PM, and departure time is 9 AM.
• Reservation holder is responsible for the condition of their lodging unit (and/or their watercraft rental) upon their departure. Renter accepts all costs of liability and physical damages to themselves or others with any rental during the course of their reservation. A rental contract will come to you via email, a completed and signed rental contract is required to access the property.
• Reservation balances are considered due prior to your arrival. Reservation balances for private vacation homes are due in full 60 days prior to the arrival date. Resort reservation fees are due in full 30 days prior to the date of arrival. If payment is not received, the credit card used to secure the reservation will be automatically charged for the balance of the stay.
• Reservation is not fully confirmed until a 25% deposit is received for the reservation dates requested. Payments can be made by check, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Credit Cards. Failure to make payment when due will result in a cancellation of this agreement.
• If you should need a cancellation: If your rented property is rebooked for the same dates and prices, cancellations will receive a deposit refund, less the $35 cancellation fee and service charge of up to 6% of your reservation total. Cancellations made after your rental balance is due (60days for private homes, 30 days for resorts) will be charged for the full balance of their reservation if the reserved property cannot be filled for the same dates and prices.
Pontoon Boat, Bass Boat, Economy Fishing Boat, Paddle Board, and Kayak rentals are available through Hiller Vacation Homes. All reservation deposit and payment policies for Hiller Vacation Homes apply to watercraft rentals. See our "Marine Rentals" page for details.