Escape to the “island city” of Minocqua located in Wisconsin’s infamous Northwoods of Oneida County. Northern Wisconsin is home to thousands of lakes, streams and rivers along with some of the best winter trails, sports and scenic views. The Main Design is at the heart of it all! Vacation in style with the best of Minocqua’s shops, restaurants, and bars just a few minutes’ walk from your door!
The Main Design is a newly remodeled two-bedroom vacation home with all the luxuries and comforts of home. Every corner of the home has been perfectly curated to light up the space with unique finishes and carefully selected artwork from local wine bar, The Vine, which is just around the corner! New furnishings and a well-appointed kitchen provide the perfect space to entertain and unwind after a long day exploring the Minocqua area.
Downtown Minocqua is just outside your front door, walking distance from infamous lakefront staples like The Thirsty Whale and The Boat House Restaurant. Just across the street to the south is the Campanile Center for the Arts, walk north to the Minocqua Museum or enjoy the festivities that take place at Minocqua Veterans Park throughout the year! No visit is complete without stopping at Gaslight Antique Mall around the corner or having a bite to eat at Otto’s Beer and Brat Garden.
The Main Design is located minutes from a boat launch on the Minocqua chain of lakes, a 5,929 acre chain known for amazing boating, fishing and water sports. Explore the chain by pontoon, kayak or paddleboard, there is no bad way to explore the lake system and take in the wildlife views around every corner. Three additional public boat launches are available for use on the Minocqua chain, as well as many public parks and rental facilities to try out a new watercraft during your vacation.
*As of summer 2020, due to supply/labor shortages in the Northwoods, we will no longer be able to provide bath or beach towels for our guests. Please plan to bring towels for your stay!*
• 7-night minimum stays in Peak Season. *This property is Sunday-Sunday*
• 3-night minimum for most stays in off-season. Please contact us about the possibility of a 2-night stay.
• Number of renters shall not exceed occupancy without prior notice. Extra persons are $15/night or $75/week.
• This home is pet-friendly. There is a maximum of 2 dogs allowed. There is a $100/pet fee. Please pick up and dispose of anything left behind by your pet.
*If you bring a pet without notifying us and we find it there, there will be a minimum penalty charge of $50 in addition to the general $100 pet fee.*
• June, July, and August ("peak season") arrival time is any time after 4 PM, and departure time is 8 AM. In peak season we, sadly, cannot approve early arrivals or late departures.
• All other months ("off-season") arrival time is any time after 3 PM, and departure time is 9 AM.
• Reservation holder is responsible for the condition of their lodging unit (and/or their watercraft rental) upon their departure. Renter accepts all costs of liability and physical damages to themselves or others with any rental during the course of their reservation. A rental contract will come to you via email, a completed and signed rental contract is required to access the property.
• Reservation balances are considered due prior to your arrival. Reservation balances for private vacation homes are due in full 60 days prior to the arrival date. Resort reservation fees are due in full 30 days prior to the date of arrival. If payment is not received, the credit card used to secure the reservation will be automatically charged for the balance of the stay.
• Reservation is not fully confirmed until a 25% deposit is received for the reservation dates requested. Payments can be made by check, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Credit Cards. Failure to make payment when due will result in a cancellation of this agreement.
• If you should need a cancellation: If your rented property is rebooked for the same dates and prices, cancellations will receive a deposit refund, less the $35 cancellation fee and service charge of up to 6% of your reservation total. Cancellations made after your rental balance is due (60days for private homes, 30 days for resorts) will be charged for the full balance of their reservation if the reserved property cannot be filled for the same dates and prices.
Pontoon Boat, Bass Boat, Economy Fishing Boat, Paddle Board, and Kayak rentals are available through Hiller Vacation Homes. All reservation deposit and payment policies for Hiller Vacation Homes apply to watercraft rentals. See our "Marine Rentals" page for details.