Escape to the Northwoods in comfort and style at Shady Lane Lodge on McDonald Lake in Eagle River, Wisconsin. Vacation under the picturesque pine canopy in comfort and style in this beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home. With direct access to snowmobile, ATV, and bike trails, there’s an adventure to be found in every season in Eagle River!
Shady Lane Lodge features an open concept living room, kitchen, and dining room with sweeping cathedral ceilings and massive lake-facing windows. Beautiful tongue and groove wood give the entire home a warm, rustic glow all with all the modern amenities of being at home.
Two bedrooms are conveniently located on the main level with a full bathroom. The loft above is a cozy space with additional sleeping accommodations with two queen beds and a twin bed. Relax after a long day paddling the lake in the cool lower-level living room. With wireless internet and direct TV, you can keep the whole family entertained!
Shady Lane Lodge’s private lake frontage is great for fishing right off of the private dock while you watch for Eagles overhead. Cruise the lake by canoe, rowboat, or kayak, all of which have been provided to help you explore the gorgeous lake scenery. McDonald Lake is 41 acres and known to have bass, pike, and panfish.
Come explore during the winter months to enjoy the winter sports the Northwoods are known for! Snowshoeing and fat-tire biking trails are just minutes from the house, and the snowmobile trail connects directly from Shady Lane for over 500+ miles of snowmobile trail adventures!
*As of summer 2020, due to supply/labor shortages in the Northwoods, we will no longer be able to provide bath or beach towels for our guests. Please plan to bring towels for your stay!*
• 7-night minimum stays in Peak Season. *This property is Sunday-Sunday*
• 3-night minimum for most stays in off-season. Please contact us about the possibility of a 2-night stay.
• Number of renters shall not exceed occupancy without prior notice. Extra persons are $15/night or $75/week.
• This home is pet-friendly. There is a maximum of 2 dogs allowed. There is a $100/pet fee. Please pick up and dispose of anything left behind by your pet.
*If you bring a pet without notifying us and we find it there, there will be a minimum penalty charge of $50 in addition to the general $100 pet fee.*
• June, July, and August ("peak season") arrival time is any time after 4 PM, and departure time is 8 AM. In peak season we, sadly, cannot approve early arrivals or late departures.
• All other months ("off-season") arrival time is any time after 3 PM, and departure time is 9 AM.
• Reservation holder is responsible for the condition of their lodging unit (and/or their watercraft rental) upon their departure. Renter accepts all costs of liability and physical damages to themselves or others with any rental during the course of their reservation. A rental contract will come to you via email, a completed and signed rental contract is required to access the property.
• Reservation balances are considered due prior to your arrival. Reservation balances for private vacation homes are due in full 60 days prior to the arrival date. Resort reservation fees are due in full 30 days prior to the date of arrival. If payment is not received, the credit card used to secure the reservation will be automatically charged for the balance of the stay.
• Reservation is not fully confirmed until a 25% deposit is received for the reservation dates requested. Payments can be made by check, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Credit Cards. Failure to make payment when due will result in a cancellation of this agreement.
• If you should need a cancellation: If your rented property is rebooked for the same dates and prices, cancellations will receive a deposit refund, less the $35 cancellation fee and service charge of up to 6% of your reservation total. Cancellations made after your rental balance is due (60days for private homes, 30 days for resorts) will be charged for the full balance of their reservation if the reserved property cannot be filled for the same dates and prices.
Pontoon Boat, Bass Boat, Economy Fishing Boat, Paddle Board, and Kayak rentals are available through Hiller Vacation Homes. All reservation deposit and payment policies for Hiller Vacation Homes apply to watercraft rentals. See our "Marine Rentals" page for details.